[Artemisia] FW: Uprising site idea: memorial/vigil "chapel"

Kim Rule kimrule at cableone.net
Mon Jan 28 19:52:51 CST 2008

Luveday de Saleford said:

"I do think we need to be careful about
permanently placing any religious symbols in the building. People
would always be free to bring their own during their vigil. Perhaps we
need to find a different name than "chapel" just to neutralize the
religious issue. How about "Vigil House," "House of Vigil," or "House
of Memories," or some such thing?"

I have to agree about the religious symbols.  How would we decide what
symbols to put in?  We are a diverse group of people with diverse
beliefs.  Our tolerance for each other is one of the things that make
this group work.  If we have a simple building...or just a wall...or a
walled garden...with the names of those that have passed on it; as well
as others that have been mentioned.  I think it would be a wonderful
place for us to sit and think about how far we have come.

Una