[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 52, Issue 49

Regis Johanns regis at inav.net
Mon Jan 28 22:54:51 CST 2008

> Just thought I would weigh in on the discussion of SCA memories.   My
> earliest days were from the Principality of Drachenwald.  I was there
> when we got our first Barony (Knights Crossing)and was the first
> Baronal

Then, like Master Corwin and I, you must have met
Master Charles Stewart O'Connor and Viscountess
Regina, yes?

ttfn
Therasia

Baron Charles got credit as the founding Baron as I recall, but was
heading back stateside as I was getting going in Drachenwald.  I knew
him mostly in legend and deed as well as consulting with Colledge of
Heralds (did I spill it right this time?)   I did get to attend a nice
feast on Fort Leavenworth Kansas years later where he was one of the
Hosts.  So it was nice to actually visit with him and feel like I had
made his acquaintance.  This lowly one doesn't begin to claim to be his
peer. He was a true pioneer of Drachenwald.
Vicountess Baroness Regina is my Sister and head of the Household of
Owls Nest.  I spent many a weekend plotting and collaborating on the
Future Domination of the Knowne World with her.  Since I am not sure of
the Statures of Limitations on some of our schnanigans, I must
respectfully refrain from disclosing the details of said plans.  <evil
grin>

I am pleased to say though that Regina has recently found a bolt of
period weave in Drachenwald livery colors that will become a suitable
garb for me.
We have been discussing how the Tudors and Elizabethans must have made
those collars and ruffs.  We found some examples of the wire frames
under these ruffs and I think its something I can recreate.  So any of
you Tudor Dollies or Elizabethans that want help with a ruff should
contact me.

Heres hoping I can live the dream in Artemesia and create some more fond
memories.

Anton von Heidleberg
Companion of de Lindquist Ring