[Artemisia] FW: Uprising site idea: memorial/vigil "chapel"

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 09:45:09 CST 2008

In a message dated 1/29/2008 2:03:49 A.M. Mountain Standard  Time,
earlalan at srv.net writes:

Perhaps the chapel/memorial hall could be placed in  this
area.  As far as the hall goes, we're looking at about 25
feet  by 20 feet.  I'd like to have the south facing end be a
half circle,  with 3 lancet windows that would have stained
glass in them.  The side  walls would have benches at the
edges and the center clear for whatever  purpose we decide...

Perhaps we could also place  some benches outside the building with
appropriate plants about.  This  would be handy for those waiting to go inside to visit
those on vigil and also  for those who just want to sit and ponder for a bit.
 It would also be  appropriately period esp. if we plant the correct things.
Most chapel  gardens were planned with the scents and colors and supposed
effects of the  plants in mind.  There were even (usually westerly facing)
gardens  specifically for sitting in the evening where the plants were the type to
bloom  and/or show better in the moonlight.

I am sure that the gardening sorts  in the kingdom would be more than willing
to help with the planning as well as  providing starters for many of the
plants and it would add to the ambiance we  are trying to create.

Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
Barony of Loch  Salann
Kingdom of  Artemisia