[Artemisia] A Garden for Reflection

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:39:38 CST 2008

<boing!!>
Did someone say **garden**?

Mstrss. Caointern set my chlorophyl detector spinning:
> I like the idea of a sanctuary garden area - The gardeners in Artemisia > could provide the information (and maybe the plants) for a > suitable area of reflection.

Eagerly. As was discussed earlier, the plants would all have to be congruent with the land's use as a working hay farm.

> There are literally dozens of types of > Artemisia that grow in our area - just ask Alethia, here in Bronzehelm, > who has over a dozen varieties in her garden - as a thought for what > would grow well with minimum tending.
I'd love to know that information just for my own garden, if nothing else.
I'm not certain my "Powis Castle" survived the backhoe digging for the sewer line.

And Mstrss. Constance set the rose center in my brain to overdrive:

>Most chapel  gardens were planned with the scents and colors and supposed >effects of the  plants in mind.  There were even (usually westerly facing) >gardens  specifically for sitting in the evening where the plants were the type to >bloom and/or show better in the moonlight.
This would make a lovely, romantic counterpoint to a long day of hot, rigorous activities.
Right now it's taking all my will power NOT to compose a list of period flowers and herbs for this yet-to-be-built project.

And right about now Duke Alan probably has his head in his hands, moaning "what have I got myself into?!"

:)

Aurora de Portugal
still jonesing for spring