[Artemisia] An Example of What I'm Talking About, was Uprising site idea: memorial/vigil "chapel"

yumitori yumitori at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:57:16 CST 2008

Rather than pick out folks and berate them publicly for still not
listening, or just harangue them in private e-mails, I'm going to try
pointing out a good example or two.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 8:45 AM,  <LadyPDC at aol.com> wrote:

>  In a message dated 1/29/2008 2:03:49 A.M. Mountain Standard  Time,
>
> earlalan at srv.net writes:
>
>  Perhaps the chapel/memorial hall could be placed in  this
>  area.  As far as the hall goes, we're looking at about 25
>  feet  by 20 feet.  I'd like to have the south facing end be a
>  half circle,  with 3 lancet windows that would have stained
>  glass in them.  The side  walls would have benches at the
>  edges and the center clear for whatever  purpose we decide...
>

>  Perhaps we could also place  some benches outside the building with
>  appropriate plants about.  This  would be handy for those waiting to go inside to visit
>  those on vigil and also  for those who just want to sit and ponder for a bit.
>   It would also be  appropriately period esp. if we plant the correct things.
>  Most chapel  gardens were planned with the scents and colors and supposed
>  effects of the  plants in mind.  There were even (usually westerly facing)
>  gardens  specifically for sitting in the evening where the plants were the type to
>  bloom  and/or show better in the moonlight.
>
>  I am sure that the gardening sorts  in the kingdom would be more than willing
>  to help with the planning as well as  providing starters for many of the
>  plants and it would add to the ambiance we  are trying to create.
>

>  Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
>  Barony of Loch  Salann
>  Kingdom of  Artemisia

Note that I did post something at the top of the quoted section, since
I'm taking this in a different direction. That's perfectly acceptable.
And I'm quoting the entire message in this instance for educational
purposes (Ooooh! I'm meeting Society goals...)

The previous message from His Grace Alan was part of the thread but
contained all new material. He properly did not quote any of the
preceding discussions. Thank you.

Mistress Constance had a couple of suggestions, so quoted only the
pertinent bits of Alan's post so her ideas were in context. Everything
else she clipped out, including the trailing footers that most all
these mailing lists stick in these days.

She kept the header so we we could see who she was replying to. She
could also have kept his sig line and just clipped out the paragraphs
between the part she quoted and it. Again, thank you very much.

As for other recent posts, I do seem to be seeing more bottom-posting.
Thank you all who are making the effort to listen and follow my
requests.

But I'm also still seeing much too much quoted text. If someone has a
long story about the 'Good Old Days' and you wanted to add a little
onto the tale, do what Constance has done and just quote the bit
important to your response, nothing more. Definitely trim out all of
the garbage that Yahoo! puts into the messages. That's *never*
important.

And if you are responding to someone who was responding to someone who
posted a story (or any other discussion), trim *everything* except the
pertinent parts from the last person posting. We're trying to keep the
flow intact here, not repeat the whole bloody discussion over and
over.

Okay, if you see that I've mentioned some of the things you've been
doing in the last part of this message, knock it off. And keep up the
good work, those of you who have been trying to follow the rules.

Back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

--
Ron/yumitori

Not all who wander are lost,
http://www.geocaching.com/

Loyal worshiper of Ashtara (Cha Cha Cha!)
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/index.php