[Artemisia] FW: Uprising site idea: memorial/vigil "chapel"

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Tue Jan 29 12:16:26 CST 2008

Mistress Constance wrote:
"Perhaps we could also place  some benches outside the building with
appropriate plants about.  This  would be handy for those waiting to go
inside to visit those on vigil and also  for those who just want to sit and
ponder for a bit."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That sounds really nice.  I've been following the discussion, and *really*
like the whole idea of a 'sanctuary' space for remembering those who have
passed and lending inspiration to vigils.  I don't think it needs any
'icons', just the names (arms, etc.?) of the 'fallen'.  HG Alan's design
ideas sound wonderful, especially the lancet windows!

As much as I love Constance's thoughts about the plantings, though, I'd have
to agree with Conrad that anything that was planted would have to be pretty
maintenance free to survive...  Of course there are shrubs and plants that
are native to the area that could be a possibility.

Gefjon