[Artemisia] A Garden for Reflection and amusement

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:03:14 CST 2008

His Excellency Conrad is perplexed:> One wonders . . . > . . . how Aurora knew I was muttering?
Muttering seems to be your preferred language, dear Sir.  ;)

 > Could I have a list of the more easily grown of these plants? I have a garden space and I'd like to grow something hardy and not unpleasant I could give you a list of plants that do well without coddling in my garden...but I suspect you have a shorter growing season and more humidity than does Southern Artemesia. Every time I travel to Uprising I'm amazed to see lilacs still blooming in the central lands. By June my lilacs have burnt to a crisp and the first wave of roses has already begun to fade. So one of the gardening mavens in your barony would be the better source for hardy, undemanding blossoms.

If I may recommend only one book: The Undaunted Garden by Lauren Springer. The best reference ever written for gardening in the Intermountain West. Stunning photography and extremely useful advice for dealing with hail, wind, freezing temperatures, and perpetual drought. You've got to love a woman who titles a chapter "Roses for Realists."

>(see 'not weeds' in my mind).

Do you consider sunflowers weeds?
Spinach?
Catnip?
Poppies, daffodils, leeks, thyme, "wild" roses?

Aurora
pining for lilacs