[Artemisia] A Garden for Reflection and amusement

Lady Flora lady_flora at msn.com
Tue Jan 29 15:07:19 CST 2008

Some other ones, to add to Misstress Constance's list, would be french
tarregon, oregano, chives (again, can get invasive) penny royal, johnny jump
ups, calendula, bee balm, tansy, violets.....

Lady Flora of Heronton
Sighing as she looks at the snow......

And let's not forget "climbers" like some roses and some sweet peas, perhaps
some Virgina Creeper.
I would sure like to be involved in this sort of thing.  I would also like
to see a bird bath or a column of some sort in the garden - perhaps a
sundial?  And how could we NOT have mentioned LAVENDER?!?!?  Nigela is
another good one.  The seeds make a good nutmeg substitute.  But it MAY be
noxious to cattle.  Also, Caspia and Gypsophila?  Fox glove?  Bells of
Ireland?  Canterbury bells? German Statice?  All are very colorful and easy
to care for....

I have found Yarrow (achilea) to be VERY difficult to control - almost like
a mint.  It took over almost three whole sections of my perennial
garden.....but if mints and invasive things are planted into sunken plastic
barrels or buckets, it is easier to control them.  Also, for shade there is
bleeding hearts and lily of the valley.

Lady Flora
Wondering how hard it would be to shovel a path to her greenhouse
And trying to catch on to the bottom posting thing