[Artemisia] A Garden for Reflection and amusement

Mary Hodges hodgemary at cableone.net
Tue Jan 29 20:12:36 CST 2008

>>   Could I have a list of the more easily grown of these plants?  I
>> have a
>> garden space and I'd like to grow something hardy and not
>> unpleasant (see 'not
>> weeds' in my mind).
>>

>>   CvZ

Yarrow has the potential to invade-I wouldn't want it near an
irrigated hay field.  But in a garden, it's okay.  Lavender grows
well in eastern Idaho, as do dill, fennel, sage, thyme, horehound.
You can grow rosemary and basil, too, but I have to replant them
every year-ymmv.  Almost all herbs do pretty well in sunny places
with well-drained soil.  Wormwood grows like crazy in my garden, but
it's sort of poisonous, so I would not suggest it if you have
children who might decide to chew on it.

Jehane, who would like any kind of weather that doesn't involve ice.