[Artemisia] Hardy plants

Elaine carynvnk at comcast.net
Tue Jan 29 21:51:39 CST 2008

Greetings!
Has anyone considered species roses, perhaps for foundation plantings? Those
who are more expert than I (Lady Aurora, that's you) could recommend
varieties, but I would think wild roses, spinosissima (I have one if someone
needs cuttings) or some rugosas would work.

On another note, someone recommended Virginia creeper. Creeper is lovely,
especially in the fall, but it will take over your plantings and overwhelm
everything, and it's almost impossible to get rid of. Not quite as bad as
kudzu, but almost.

And would holly work?

Cheers
Caryn