[Artemisia] was "improvements at The Farm"

Mike Bradley connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 23:54:10 CST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 10:24 PM, Aghren the Brus <aghren at msn.com> wrote:

> I will be more careful in the future and I hope you accept my humble
> apology.
>
> Aghren the Brus
> mka Bruce Rhoades

As someone who has paraphrased Sarte on more than one occasion by saying
"Hell is other people and their lazy parents", who is frequently irritated
by the fact that parents these days don't *raise* their children,
psychotherapists and the government saying that anything more than a
"time-out" is "abuse", etc. etc. etc.  I can actually say that, in general,
on a day to day basis, I don't like other people or their children.  But,
the worst behaved child I have ever met in the SCA still listened to the
voice of reason and authority, and is still 10 times or more better behaved
than the average child outside the Society.

I realize that you were making a generalization about all children, and one
I usually agree with.  It was one that I did not think should be applied to
the children in the SCA in the way that it might be applied to kids in the
USA in general.  I do myself, and on behalf of my daughter and my dear late
wife accept your apology.  I also hope that you will accept mine for being a
bit more short and testy than I normally am;  I would claim stress over the
last year as an excuse but I'm sure that Catalina would just descend from
Heaven, slap me upside the head and tell me it was just because I was being
an ass. :)

Conchobhar
having fond memories of things like...
Corisande carrying Chris around before he could walk
Sionnian acting a complete fool to try and stop Ben from crying in the
middle of Black Wing camp ... even though no one there was sleeping
Ug and Dierdre bringing home both kids for the first time
my page and "niece" just turning 18 ... and I met her at fighter practice
when she was 6
Don Vilhelm describing in exquisite detail the fact that his son, on
ultrasound, was in a perfect 16th C. Italian fencing pose
and my daughter Gillian's first Uprising ... at 3 weeks old