[Artemisia] Funding improvements at The Farm

Lady Flora lady_flora at msn.com
Wed Jan 30 00:36:35 CST 2008

Why not 'purchase' small paving stones that could be inset into a
> labyrinth edged by herbs and flowers leading to the sanctuary.
> Labyrinths have been used for contemplation/prayer walks (or vigils)
> in many cultures.  It would lend an air of authenticity to someone
> wishing to sit and contemplate during an event.
>
> Lady Q Kat - lover of labryniths

I love the idea of paving stones, or border stones or a wall or something to
help fund this sanctuary idea.  But I would like to suggest (and it has
probably already been thought of) that 1) stones be able to be purchased
anonymously if the purchaser so desires and 2) that they may be purchased in
honor or memory of someone or something else.  For example "In honor of Jane
Doe, teacher, from her humble student, Jane Doe" kind of thing.  Even if
names of our dear departed are displayed or recorded elsewhere within the
sanctuary, I think memorial stones would be cool.

I also thought of purchasing memorial plants for the garden with a little
metal plate of some kind that says "in honor of the seeds of chivalry
planted in my heart - Jane Doe 2008" or whatever.  But if the plant should
die......not a good idea.

But, folks, in all reality, if you plant a garden, you are going to need a
gardener.  I have almost ALL of the plants that have been mentioned in my
own perennial garden on my own little farmette.  And they need CONSTANT
upkeep and weeding.  They need thinning in the spring, watering during the
dry months (although this is the least of the upkeep worries) and weeding
weeding weeding, no matter how closely they are planted.

I mention this only because I want to see this happen and hope that we can
figure out how.  Schedules for us garden enthusiasts to maintain the garden?
Work parties?  I don't know what the solution is.....but I hope we can find
one.  CUZ I LOVE THIS IDEA!

PS - in addition to thyme being used between paving stones and gathering its
sweet scent onto the hems of gowns, it was also commonly used as adornment
for hair and in bridal bouquets.  It is also delicious, especially when in
bloom, as an edible garnish on a cup cake or a deviled egg.  :-)

Lady Flora of Heronton