[Artemisia] A Garden for Reflection and amusement

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 00:37:58 CST 2008

In a message dated 1/29/2008 1:52:25 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
lady_flora at msn.com writes:

Some  other ones, to add to Misstress Constance's list, would be french
tarragon,  oregano, chives (again, can get invasive) penny royal, johnny jump
ups,  calendula, bee balm, tansy, violets.....

Lady Flora of  Heronton
Sighing as she looks at the snow......

I agree on most of those.  However, both penny royal and violets can  be
harmful to animals.  Tarragon and tansy can also be invasive though not  as badly
as mints.  I well remember planting some tarragon in my front herb  garden and
two weeks later finding it had climbed the front stairs, across the  landing,
up the side window and was literally leaning against the  doorbell.  Pushy
thing that tarragon. (g)     Chives  don't spread like mint but never let its
flowers go to seed.  I did that  one year through being sick and now my side
front yard is mostly chives.   Perfumes the entire neighborhood every time it is
mowed, brings tears to your  eyes.

Sometimes plants can be too hardy and care free.

Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
Barony of Loch  Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia