[Artemisia] Known World Choir Estrella 2008 -Songs, Rehearsal/Performance Date

mattkatie2 mattkatie2 at cox.net
Thu Jan 31 06:54:38 CST 2008

REPOSTED BY REQUEST
Known World Choir Estrella 2008
Posted by: "Donald F. Harrington" lazarus at laurel.sca.
Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:49 pm (PST)

I've put up the music files for Estrella 2008 KWC. They may be found under
the files section of KWChoir, the Yahoo Known World Choir group, or on my
own website at

http://www.donharrington.net/estrella/Estrella 2008archive/index_08.html

If you have trouble with the URL, just go to www.donharrington.net, choose
the Known World Choir menu and the Estrella 2008 menu item.

A lot of good tunes, fun to sing, many you already know. What are you
waiting for - just join us at Estrella and enjoy the music!

April is in My Mistress' Face
Thomas Morley (1558-1603)
No concert is complete without Morley. April is in my mistress face,
but in her heart... English.

Ahi, che quest' occhi miei
G.P. da Palestrina (1525-1594)
Wait, no concert is complete without Palestrina. I mean Morley. I mean
both. Italian.

The Agincourt Carol
Anonymous - The best known of many songs written soon after the famous
Battle of Agincourt in 1415. English.

Ce Moys de May
Clement Janequin (ca. 1485--1558)
A fun tune about green dresses, skipping, kissing and other
activities. Reprised from last year by popular demand. French.

Dindirin
Anonymous - 15th century. Some rhythmic adjustments and a twist
ending. Polyglot French.

Follow Me, Sweet Love and Soul's Delight
Michael East (1580-1648)
One of the great passive-aggressive love songs. English.

Now I See Thy Looks Were Feigned
Thomas Ford (1580-1648)
A cautionary madrigal that might be at home in Nashville. English.

Pastime with Good Company
Henry VIII (1491-1547)
It's good to be the King. English.

Springtime Mantleth Ev'ry Bough
Thomas Morley (1558-1603)
More Morley. You can't have too much Morley. Birds and beasts are of
consort on that. English.

Toss The Pot
Thomas Ravenscroft (1592-1633)
Just a fun drinking song. English.

Rehearsals are scheduled Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, all from
noon till 2:00 PM, all at the Grand Pavilion (except for the rehearsal on
Saturday - location will be announced at the War).

Sunday Performance 2:00 at the Grand Pavilion. No clean-up or competition,
just a good big venue for us.

Performers will be expected to attend at least two rehearsals to be in the
final performance. We've spread them all over the schedule to make it as
easy as possible for you to fit them in with all your other Estrella fun.
Visit www.estrellawar.org for more information about locations, times and
other fun events.

Contact:

Don Harrington