[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 58, Issue 10the order of precedence

Catie Clark cat at rocks4brains.com
Fri Jul 11 17:41:19 CDT 2008

Kelwin:
Sean hasn't mentioned getting any emails from you about the OP, despite the
fact that I've been on his case for literally months to email you about
getting
a successor in line and trained up.  The OP is behind right now because Sean
has been going non-stop trying to maintain household operations in both
Idaho
and Texas while I've been out of the country for extended periods of
time or
upside down with getting up to speed at a new job.  I've been doing some
work
on it myself lately to try to take up the slack on the updating since
most his delays
on getting it updated are mostly my fault in giving him too much to do
(involving
being on the road for days on end driving between Idaho, Texas, and
places in
Utah; and Connecticut and South Dakota are in his near future too...all
involving
family business or moving stuff I can't take care of on my own right
now).  We
have had some really crappy stuff happen personally lately too.
Overall, we've
been having a really good case of a bit too much life - not horrendously
so, but
enough to throw things off for non-essential stuff like being less than
4 weeks
behind on the OP.

To be honest, I actually stopped nagging him this last month as much I have
been on the premise that too much nagging might actually keep him from
getting
an email off to you (he doesn't cope well with TOO much nagging...typical
henpecked husband behavior).

The bit on the Aerie is just a bit irksome since we were both working on
the OP just
this last weekend - and while things are behind, the database is
running, the court
reports are still coming in, getting logged as arrived, and now that we
FINALLY
have a roof over our heads (the fridge arrived over the weekend and Sean
put the
bed together just yesterday) again after 6 months of living in the RV,
we've both
been putting time aside to get the OP back into shape (and it's not even
my job - I
just wanted it back up to date; I didn't know it was getting so far
behind that other
people were noticing).  If you want or care, I can send you the email I
tried sending
their maj's this last weekend that bounced off their sunvalley.net email
address (which
I need to resend...) about stuff regarding updating and maintaining the
OP, if you
need something more tangible that we aren't completely dead yet and that
the OP
has not been abandoned to some horrible fate like bit-rot or
crispy-crunchy harddrive
barbecue...

Sean has also been working on getting new arrangements made for the
continued
hosting of the OP, since on of the next things we have to move are the
servers the
OP lives on.  We had no intention whatsoever of pulling the plug on
hosting the OP
on short notice and the database is indeed alive, well, and
up-and-running.  I'm sorry
the numb nut has been dragging his butt in getting in contact with you.
I have been
sorely tempted to go around his back and emailing you directly - it's
not my style to
leave people high and dry, but since the OP is not dead, the database is
online, and
the admin interface to the OP is alive, well and running, I was going to
let things slide
until it was time to physically shut down the actually computer where
the OP lives so
we could migrate the database to its new location, which will be
happening probably
within the month (we're seriously looking at a co-hosting or complete
hosting for our
5  or 6 domains [I've lost count - isn't that pathetic?] at eskimo.com,
which would
put the OP in a more secure physical location that our house in Idaho
along with
giving it a faster and better physical connection to the internet than
what we can set
up here at the new house in Texas; of course, this is on our equipment
at no expense
to the kingdom, as we have been doing for the last 6 years, and intended
to continue
to do since we can give the database probably better and more stable
physical
infrastructure than most folks, especially in the short term while a
successor to Sean
is found; though we have discussed this at length and have decided to
keep hosting
the OP database for the kingdom as long as it's needed or wanted by the
kingdom,
since we know we can provide superior equipment and software for it than
almost
anyone else we know)

Sean has put a lot of time and effort into making the arrangements to
get the servers
migrated without impacting access to the OP (or any of the other copious
stuff we
host).  Unfortunately, people don't even see that sort of
behind-the-scenes stuff.  He's
been working on a new, friendlier interface to the OP too - but I'm the
only one who
even knows about.  (The Good Lord knows, the OP could use a better
interface - but
don't let him know I told you that. He's not a happy camper right now,
with a screwed
up schedule, really suffering from the heat and humidity down here,
unhappy ill pets
underfoot, dealing with my MOTHER for me (don't ask...you don't want to
go there...)
and stuck with ALL the moving chores because the new job demands too
much of
my time right now - and he's having to play housewife right now too, and
he's really
BAD at it (and he knows it...) which of course, makes him even
grumpier...he may
cook great, but dusting is not even in his vocabulary...)

I do not know what email address you are using for his nibs. My advice:
use epicanis
@bigroom.org (I hope that's not the one you've been using...).  And if
you really want
to get his attention, put "MOO:" on the subject line - I kid you not.
And send a cc' to
me - that way I can prod him if I know you need an answer or I can see
if I can do
something myself in case he is on the road again (which he may be in a
day or two
since we next finish packing in Idaho and he needs to paint, fix the
plumbing and start
mothballing our house in Blackfoot; we're not exactly detached from up
there yet and
won't be for a few more months).

I'm sorry your emails haven't been getting through.  If I knew you were
emailing him,
something would have happened faster than this.  He's not always good on
the
communicating stuff and I have been quite irked at him for not getting
off his butt and
contacting you.  You could have paged me on the Artemisian pel list, you
know, if you
didn't have my email handy.  I always pay attention to that list .  So
next time you need
his attention, just tell me and I'll go thump him for you.

Just look at it this way: I'm sorry he isn't better at the communication
bits.  It drives me
batty most of the time!  But look at it this way: _you_ don't have to
_live_ with him!

If you email him this evening, I gaurentee he will reply or he's
sleeping on the
couch tonight with the dog!

ttfn
Therasia, just a little grumpy...