[Artemisia] A & S at Tournament of Chivalry - Saturday June 19th

Richard & Florence Evans rcfaevans at Comcast.net
Sun Jul 13 22:19:45 CDT 2008

An A & S competition will be held at Tournament of Chivalry ~ see all the details below.  We have limited space available for some informal classes.  I will teach a class on "Bias Edgings for Garb" and we will try to have a class on knitting which will include two patterns (a beginner and an intermediate level) for period pouches.  If anyone else would like to teach a class, please contact me directly and we will get it scheduled.  We will also have an area set aside for artisans to gather, work and exchange ideas.

"BANNERS FLYING"

Show your "colors" and enter your banners in the A & S Competition at the Tournament of Chivalry.  NO DOCUMENTATION is required and the winner will be chosen by populace choice.  The rules are simple:

*Banners must be made of fabric - any kind of fabric from parachute nylon and polyester to linen is acceptable.

*Banners may be any shape and of a size suitable for outdoor display.  (Banners small enough to be a favor are not big enough . . .)
*Banners must have arms or a device on them.  It can be your personal arms or device, or those of your household, shire, barony, kingdom, etc.  Order and award devices or emblems are also acceptable.

Banners entered in the competition will not be put on a display table; they will be judged from where they are displayed at the entrants' encampment, around the fighting field, etc.  Entrants will be provided with a number to attach to their banner or group of banners and the populace will vote by selecting their choice by number.  In this competition, how you display your entry is very important. Group displays are highly encouraged. A prize basket will be awarded to the winning gentle or group.

Please contact me with any questions you may have.

YIS,
Lady Anna de Brabant
MoAS, BLS
801-568-7794 (please no calls after 9 pm)
rcfaevans at comcast.net