[Artemisia] Announcement: Estrella War XXV

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Wed Jul 16 08:22:59 CDT 2008

Posted at the request of Their Majesties, this missive will also be in
the Sage Advice.

Unto Our most noble subjects of Artemisia, hear the words of Reinmar and
Albreda 22nd King and Queen of the Kingdom of Artemisia.

We Reinmar and Albreda send Our warmest greetings unto you all.

Eleven years ago, Artemisia was a new and young Kingdom. As We left our
Father Kingdom of Atenveldt, We stumbled as We learned to stand on Our
own. Atenveldt came to Us, as a Father would, and helped Us to Our feet,
by allowing Us to become a Principal Kingdom at Estrella War. It has
been Our honor to have been invited back to participate as a Principal
at Estrella ten more times. We are forever grateful to Atenveldt for
Their continued trust and support, and by the deep Honor They have
bestowed upon Us in the past.

So too are We forever grateful to the Kingdoms of Caid and the Outlands
for standing beside Us on the field of war as allies and brothers in
arms. In this time, strong bonds of friendship and fraternity have
grown. So strong that not even the heavy sword of war could sever them.
We are forever thankful to both Our Cousin Kingdoms.

Being a Principal Kingdom at Estrella is a great pleasure. But it is
also a great burden and responsibility.

        Therefore We Reinmar and Albreda, King and Queen of all
Artemisia, do hereby withdraw Our acceptance of the invitation to be a
Principal Kingdom of Estrella War for 2009.

Loyal Nobles of Our realm, know We do not take this action lightly. Nor
do We do this with disdain or anger in Our hearts. Nor do we seek to
admonish. Rather, We do what We must for the good of our Own Kingdom.
Indeed, it is well known that Artemisia struggles each year to perform
the tasks expected of a Principal in good standing. Artemisia wishes not
to become more a liability than a welcome friend. This we cannot abide.

We hope for the best in the upcoming War, and know All that We will
attend Estrella War. Not as a Principal, but hopefully as an allied
Kingdom, and brother in arms to all.

            Done by Our hand  on the 10th day of July, AS 43 being 2008
Gregorian

                Reinmar                                     Albreda

                Kunec                                         Kunegin