[Artemisia] Kingdom Event - wrap up

Thaya S - Dame Rachel damethaya at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 11:08:06 CDT 2008

Greetings to One and All,
  I am very sorry I was not able to be on Site on Sunday this weekend past.  I woke up in horrible pain and with some dizziness (the joys of aging).  No way was I able to drive out to site and Tor (my husband) is out of town so I could not ask him to drive me.  There was no cell phone service on site for me to call the folks out there to let them know, I am sorry if any were make to be concerned and for all the inconvenience this may have caused to any and all.  To my Co-steward (who was really and truly the Event Steward all along and in all ways that matter, as she really did do the incredible Lions share of all the work and she really does deserve the credit) to the Honorable Lady Freydis all I can do is give a very inadequate thank you.   Yet again you show your incredible servants’ heart to this Kingdom in the selfless service you gladly give freely, eagerly, constantly, tirelessly, countless times to this Kingdom, with no thought of personal reward, and has done so
 yet again.  A special thank you gift from me to you personally is in the mail.

  I also would like to thank Lord Godwin and Sir Sagan for their set up and running of the Kingdom Archery Tournament.  Thank you gentleman, it was a lot of fun to watch and it sure appeared that the entrants were enjoying themselves.  Thank you to Lady Una for coordinating / running the Kingdom Equestrian Championship.  Thank you to Lady Clare and Lord Ronan for running the Arn Hold Baronial Championship.  Thank you to Their Excellencies of Arn Hold for your support.  A very special thank you goes to the delightful Countess Esabel (affectionately known in Arn Hold as the Countess de Mo Nay) for sitting at the Reeve Table for basically the entire weekend.

  Thank you Honorable Lady Hannah, Honorable Lady Celestine, and the incredible cooks of Arn Hold for the wonderful Royal Ladies Brunch on Sunday morning which I have been told was truly exceptional.  Thank you to Lady Danielle, Lord Riain, Lord Xeno, Lord Darius, Lord Fernando, Lord Gomez, Lord Marten, Lady Lysette, and any others who I can not think of right now for you particular assistance in general.  Thank you to all the citizens who visited, set up, cleaned up, participated and made the event more enjoyable for us all.  And thank you to Our Glorious King and Queen and our beloved Crown Prince and Crown Princess for their inspiration and support of me, this event, and of us all.  I wanted to tell you all in person at final court and I am very sorry I was not there to do so.
  Fondly,
  Dame Rachel Ravenlock, OP
  Sixth Baroness of Arn Hold
  Event Steward – Fletch, Foal and Frolic Event

“There have always been tyrants, and for a time
   they prosper.  But they always lose in the end, always.”
- M Gandhi
  Legal: Mrs. Thaya G. Shaeffer
  SCA:  H.E. Dame Rachel Ravenlock, OP
            Sixth Baroness of Arn Hold