[Artemisia] Dancing at Uprising

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:25:44 CDT 2008

Catriona wrote:

> Yes, there is a Fool's Ball on Thursday night at 7 pm, in the big pavilion
> last I heard.

Isn't Court scheduled for 8pm?  You aren't planning to dance for only one hour are you? (horrors!)

> I would also like to ask the Water Bearer Coordinator for assistance during
> the Balls.

I notice the plural "Balls".  When is the other ball?

Niccolo wrote:

> I know of no plans for a Grand Ball. If there is, I will of course be happy
> to help as I can, but it really wouldn't be right for me to run it.
> (furriner and all that...)

I don't think anyone would have a problem with a furriner such as yourself running a ball (You have picked up a strange accent since moving from our Fair Kingdom, Your Excellency ;)

There is nothing scheduled for Saturday evening except Court.  Can a Grand Ball be scheduled then?

Are there any musicians who will be at Uprising who will play for the dancers?  Or shall we rely on those itty bitty musicians that fit in a box?  Would musicians play for treats?  (good dog, here's a biscuit . . .)

Rebecca