[Artemisia] Dancing at Uprising

Catriona A. Morganosa catriona_a_morganosa at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:11:56 CDT 2008

Lady Anna said she could slip the Fool's Ball into the Privy Post and that
they were probably waiting for info regarding the Balls. Just one of the
details that got lost in the shuffle around my place, I think. I also asked
about being in charge of the Grand Ball. I like dancing as well, but as I
warned, I will put dances on the Ball dance list that are SCA favorites and
not researched and documented period dances, like Hole in the Wall and
Korobushka. It seems many wish to dance these but they are not put on the
dance lists anymore. I recognize that dances such as Hole in the Wall and
the Playfords may not be documented into SCA period, but they have been
adopted by the SCA as our own children, much like a Pelican or Laurel was
not a period award, and Knighthood could be bought, but we choose to do
things our own way instead.

After all, we are a re-creationist group, not a reenactment group. And there
are many wondrous and talented folks who are very well versed in the period
dances. With any luck, they'll stop by and teach a few of their favorites.
However, the best bet for dancing is to check the final gate book and the
Privy Posts to see if the Balls were able to make it on to the schedules. I
don't want to overwhelm Her Grace with details I was not on top of this late
in the day.

Stâpanâ Catriona Morganosa, OP

You know you're entering a bachelor pad when the tenant prefaces the
appearance, not with "It's the maid's day off," but with "Don't pet the fur
in the corner. It's not an animal."

Checked by AVG.
7:13 AM