[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 57, Issue 13

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Jun 12 23:02:39 CDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olan Mikkelsen" <pan_landolf at hotmail.com>
To: <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 57, Issue 13

> > > Message: 8> Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:15:42 +0000> From: Gene Mealey
> > > <rapierfighter at hotmail.com>> Subject: [Artemisia] Possible Uprising
> > > Class for fighters?> To: <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>>
> > > things I've seen on the field is a lack of stretching among fighters.
> <snip> I have several articles that question the utility of stretching in
> injury prevention. Two from university journals of medicine (Cornell and
> Mnnesota) and one from U.S News & World Report. But this is a topic best
> debated on Militaris.
>
> Sir Landolf, Baron Witkowski

I'm not on Militaris, but I've been doing a LOT of reading and listening
about fitness and cardio workouts and such in the last 6 months, and what's
actually recommended now, before intense exercise, is a brief cardio workout
(like, say, 5 mins of fast walking or jumping jacks or some such that's
designed to get you warmed up and your heart rate elevated a bit), and then,
stretching and a cool down *when you're done.*
--Maire