[Artemisia] OT - Where are My Peasants?

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri Jun 13 07:44:27 CDT 2008

While I don't have my own estate (I tend my brother's, while he is away in
foreign places), our people were sadly diminished during the devastating
plague (no, not Normans...bubonic) that swept through some 20 years ago.
That same plague took my husband and his apprentices and almost all of our
household.  I've had to do many things not appropriate to my high station,
simply because someone needed to do them....
(We never had to move pipe in the spuds--that was all up on wheels, but we
sure did have to move it in the barley....weight of that pipe being the
hardship right *behind* having to get up that early!)
--Maire, oddly up at about the same time she'd need to be if she had to move
that pipe....