[Artemisia] Uprising--do I need to pack the WeedWhacker?

WILLIAM SPARKS sparks_brady at msn.com
Fri Jun 13 09:22:05 CDT 2008

> From: sclemenger at msn.com> To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:56:06 -0600> Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Uprising--do I need to pack the WeedWhacker?> > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Brian Johnson" <brynjolfr.ulfhedthinn at yahoo.com>> To: "Kingdom of Artemisia mailing list" <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>> Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:20 PM> Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Uprising--do I need to pack the WeedWacker?

Since everyone seems to be telling about thier worst farm jobs I thought I'd tell about my worst one. I was born and raised in the South and I have done alot of gardening and farm work when I was a kid but I have to say that the one I hated the most was pickin cotton. We were out in the fields from sun up to sundown under a blazin sun that had no mercy on our poor necks, but, that wasn't the worst part. I remember that no matter what gloves I wore, I always went back to the house at night with fingers cut and bleedin from the hulls. I will admit that My aunt and uncle who owned the cotton farm did have more up to date cotton gatherin methods but my aunt and uncle always saved about 3 or 4 acres for us kids (there were ALOT of us) to pick by hand so that we would know what hard thankless work really was. I hated doin it but, in retrospect, I'm glad I had the opportunity to do so. It taught me that no matter how crappy any job I've had was or how demeaning the one I have now may be, at least it's NOT pickin cotton!

                                                                      Markus Ruger