[Artemisia] Uprising Ball

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 14:44:26 CDT 2008

Not to be a stick in the mud, but why teach and do dances we know are not SCA period?  Isn't this defeating the purpose of the SCA as an educational group?  Isn't this doing a disservice to "students"?  I'm not talking about an after hours party or "Fools Ball" where it's obviously modern.  I'm okay with substitutions for safety, cost, and reasonable information availability.  There are a lot of dances that are just as fun, easy to learn, and easily documented.  A lot of incorrect things have been adopted into the SCA, but when we know better, why perpetuate the myth?

Arwen/Esther (small voice in the corner)