[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 57, Issue 19

Olan Mikkelsen pan_landolf at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 14 12:15:16 CDT 2008

<snip> > Message: 4> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:41:14 -0600> From: "Allen Hall" <earlalan at srv.net>> Subject: Re: [Artemisia] worst farm jobs> To: <archergodwin at cableone.net>, "Kingdom of Artemisia mailing list"> <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>> Message-ID: <001d01c8cd7c$aebe3940$6401a8c0 at Della>> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";> reply-type=original> > > Be elbow deep in a cow's behind turning a breech calf.... of which you > > just can't> > shower the smell off you sufficient enough for a date later that > > evening.... or> > at least so said my girlfriend at the time;)> >> > They have fancy long plastic gloves now a days ;)> >> > Godwin> > Oh yeah! Branding is special too! Watch out where the calf's rear end is > pointed when the iron hits it! And there is a no more unforgettable smell > than that fragrant burning flesh smell.> > Alan <snip>
I can stand the smell of branding, but I'll never forget the crunch as the dehorning tool bit into the skull of the calves to take out the horn bud. As for castrating... that's better left undescribed on this list.

Landolf