[Artemisia] worst farm jobs

Brian Johnson brynjolfr.ulfhedthinn at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 22:17:03 CDT 2008

Yeah, they had them in Delaware when I was stationed there, too.  And they do stink.  I was fortunate to never have to work around more than the couple that we had on the farm.  I was also fortunate that we got to see what a 357 magnum will do to wild chickens after they figured out how to get into the feed bins.

Godwin <archergodwin at cableone.net> wrote: >
>  Depends.  I've done that many times for a sow and her litter of squeelie
little buggers.  Wind kept blowing the windows closed and I got a bit light
headed from the methane building up.  We used shovels and pitch forks and had to
walk each load out to the manure spreader.  Later, that manure was spread on the
hay fields so we got to enjoy that particular stench for WEEKS!

>  Brynki

I've smelled only one thing worse than pigs..... chickens!

Never worked in one thank G_d, but there used to be about 3 to 5 large coups down
by Hagerman years ago, enough to literally gag you when you drove by.

Godwin

PS: Know why a chicken coupe only has 2 doors?
'Cause if it had 4 doors, it would be a chicken sedan... ;)