[Artemisia] worst farm jobs

Kim Rule kimrule at cableone.net
Tue Jun 17 23:03:59 CDT 2008

Brynki said:
Very true.  I've actually always thought it would be kind of kuhl to
have a "truly" period encampment on a site with permanent structures.  I
have seen pictures from some living history groups that have done that
and then go through the whole process of slaughter to table with a pig

yumitori said:
On another list perhaps.

Time to move on to more on-topic subjects, I think.

--
Ron/yumitori

In order to make this related to medieval topics...it seems to me that I
read somewhere about how in a certain Nordic country people were fond of
building 2 story houses.  The farm animals lived in the bottom half,
while the people lived in the top.  Seems to me that was a way to take
advantage of the warming effects of methane gas!  Not sure where I read
it, but it does make sense, especially in very cold climates.   Having
lived in an apartment attached to a horse barn, I can attest the warmth
of said gasses!!!  Also the stench of such!  Must have been very
aromatic housing...

Una