[Artemisia] Dragons Tear

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 15:55:25 CDT 2008

DRAGONS TEAR XXIV July 11-13
GREETINGS are sent to the populace of the Grand Kingdom of Artemisia.  The Shire of Stan Wyrm invites all to our summer camping event held at Camp Rotary in Monarch Montana.
The Shire will be holding their annual Archery Tournament (We ask you bring your own Archery equipment), and Heavy Tournament to determine our Shire Champions.  In addition, we will also be holding Rapier fighting and scenarios as well.  All tournaments are open to all paid members of the SCA. Blue card must be available upon request. Our MoAS is also holding a Defender of the Arts tournament for Rapier fighters.  Fighters must bring and display an Arts and Science project to enter.  A prize will be awarded to the winner of this tourney.
For the art inclined, there will be Art and Science classes.  Teachers are needed please.
Lord Morgan is head chef and promises a feast to beat all feasts.  Chicken, roast pork loin, reduction sauces, soups.  Lord Morgan asks for early feast reservations as he is preparing for the amount of reservations received.
Stan Wyrms’ own Milord Logan will be hosting a special feast for the youths.  There will be roasted hot dogs and s’mores to mention a few.
Camp Rotary features a main lodge, flushy bathrooms, hot showers and cabins.  The site is located on Forest Service land and is beautifully wooded with a creek to cool off in.  Parents, young children must be attended by you when they are at the creek or in the woods.  We also will be having youth activities and ask that parents volunteer to help.
Merchants are always welcomed and encouraged.
Take your best route towards Great Falls and then to the Kings Hwy 87 to Monarch. Look for the tiny brown sign that says Camp Rotary.  SCA signs will be posted.  Sorry but this site is not handicap accessible though we will try our best to make you comfortable.
Site fee:  $8, 00 Feast Fee: $15 for 14-adults.  Feast fee includes welcoming soup, breakfast on Saturday; lunch; Saturday evening main feast with left overs for Sunday breakfast.  Youth 7-12 site is $5.00 with feast at $8.  For those youths 6 and under, they are guests of the shire.  Please email Red for family caps.  $3 non-member surcharge does apply.
Site opens at 1 pm Friday and closes at 1 pm on Sunday.  The site is wet and pets welcomed on leash.
Event Steward:  Lady Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com for cabin reservations or questions.  Cabins started filling up last year so email soon.  For those bringing pavilions, there is lots of room.
Head Chef:  Lord Morgan celtic_wolf07 at yahoo.com Please make your reservations early.
Merchant’s reservations for space on Merchants Row:  Lady Sorcha tenacia2000 at yahoo.com