[Artemisia] Kingdom Collegium & Guest Instructors

Biancaraven at aol.com Biancaraven at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 12:13:23 CDT 2008

Greetings,
This year's Artemisian Kingdom Collegium promises to be an amazing
experience I hope everyone will attend.  The date is November 8, 2008 and  it will be
held in Clearfield, Utah.  The Baronies of Gryphon's Lair and  Loch Salann,
plus the Shires of Cote du Ciel and Arrow's Flight are combining  forces to
provide a phenomenal experience to the Kingdom.  The site fee  will be very low and
will include a potluck lunch.  Ample crash space and  transportation from SLC
International Airport can be arranged.
The Kingdom has generously offered to provide two Fabulous Masters to
instruct the populace.  Duke Sir Paul of Bellatrix (Bellatrix Fighting  School) and
Kass McGann (_www.reconstructinghistory.com)_
(http://www.reconstructinghistory.com)/)   will be joining us.
Kass has offered to teach any of the following list of classes.  Due  to time
limitations, we will restrict the number of classes to 6 (perhaps  7).
Please email me privately (biancaravenATaolDOTcom) with your top three  choices.
Authenticity 101 (for  beginners)
Good Research Techniques (for  beginners)
Handsewing 101 (for beginners)
How to Construct a Replica Based on Extant  Originals (focuses on clothing
construction, but the techniques can be used for  anything from furniture to
cookery)
The  Importance of the Right Underwear
The Theory  and Construction of Common People's Clothing
16th century Irish
15th century  English/French/Burgundian
early 16th century English/French/German  ("Tudor")
early 16th century English/French/German  ("Elizabethan")
the progression and evolution of clothing in  Western Europe from 1400 to
1600.
early 17th century English/French/German

16th century German (particularly  Landsknecht)
16th century Polish
16th century Turkish (Ottoman)
Real Seaman of the 16th century (Maritime  dress that doesn't look like what
Johnny Deep wears)

This is an awesome opportunity that you'll  not want to miss.  Please make
your plans to attend.

In Service to the Dream,
Masetra Baronessa Bianca da  Ravenna
biancaravenATaolDOTcom