[Artemisia] Fiber classes at Hellsgate

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Thu Jun 26 10:35:58 CDT 2008

Good morning!

For anyone attending Hellsgate (July 25 thru 27) who is interested in wool
and such -

On Saturday morning starting at 10:30 am Mst Maire and Mst Gefjon will host
a fiber arts discussion.  It will be a time to share tips, ideas and
techniques, ask and answer questions, and work on what ever projects you
care to bring.  The focus will be wool/animal fiber.  (preparation, carding,
spinning, weaving, etc.)  All are encouraged to bring 'show and tell' items,
whether they are projects or equipment. -)

On Saturday afternoon I will be hosting a wet felting class.  The plan it to
make a small 3 dimensional item.  I was thinking of a small pouch, but
someone mentioned wanting to do a hat, which would also be possible (would
require more wool).  The class will start at 1 pm.  Bring your own prepared
(washed and carded) wool, or email me *ASAP* if you want to purchase
prepared batts from me (esp. if you want a choice of colors).  If you have
any questions about the type of wool to bring, talk to me.  Some wool will
not felt.  The wool should be in batts, not in roving form. It would be
helpful (but not 100% necessary) to know if you want to participate in this
class, so that I have enough supplies to go around.

Looking forward to Hellsgate....
Gefjon

Sondra Gibson
http://www.RavensRestIcelandics.com