[Artemisia] Uprising....

Kay Moore arrowyn at msn.com
Thu Jun 26 13:42:58 CDT 2008

 introduce a new topic, .....I'll even go first in answering!.... > What was your favorite part of Uprising this year? (or parts)

Besides the great weather, all the awesome Merchants, the shower trucks open til 9, potable water and privvies available in so many locations, and and and !   I really got a kick out of the Schwann folks - in tunics!   They were a really nice couple, too.   I remember something about 'Sir Schwann'...   The Torch Light Great Sword Tourney was so good, Mikaru's traditional get -together, (thanks, Sean!) was really nice and mellow.  Stopped by a few other places - the dancing was excellent as usual, and everywhere - all weekend - everyone seemed to be having a grand time!   The WORST part for me was that we didn't get there til Thursday! (and I never bring enough money)

But my favorite thing was the fact that along with everyone really enjoying themselves, and an almost tangible "good vibes" thing going on, I appreciated the attendance numbers.  Call me hokey, but I think it's pretty gratifying to see so much support for the event and the Barony.   I remember a couple years there it seemed a wee bit sparse, so I really hope Uprising is back on the Upswing !

Thank you, everyone in 1000 Eyes, for all the work ya'll put into this event (and all the past Uprisings) - it certainly shows.

Dutch