[Artemisia] What's happening at TOC

BECKY LEISHMAN leishman10 at msn.com
Sun Jun 29 02:13:11 CDT 2008

In case it wasn't sent to this list, here's info about the banner competition:

"Banners Flying"

Tournament of Chivalry

July 19, 2008

Show your "colors" and enter your banners in the A & S Competition at the Tournament of Chivalry.  NO DOCUMENTATION is required and the winner will be chosen by populace choice.  The rules are simple:

  a.. Banners must be made of fabric - any kind of fabric from parachute nylon and polyester to linen is acceptable.
  b.. Banners may be any shape and of a size suitable for outdoor display.  (Banners small enough to be a favor are not big enough . . .)
  c.. Banners must have arms or a device on them.  It can be your personal arms or device, or those of your household, shire, barony, kingdom, etc.  Order and award devices or emblems are also acceptable.

Banners entered in the competition will not be put on a display table; they will be judged from where they are displayed at the entrants' encampment, around the fighting field, etc.  Entrants will be provided with a number to attach to their banner or group of banners and the populace will vote by selecting their choice by number.  In this competition, how you display your entry is very important. Group displays are highly encouraged. A prize basket will be awarded to the winning gentle or group.

Please contact Lady Anna de Brabant with any questions you may have.