No subject

Wed Jun 25 10:40:14 CDT 2008

got introduced to the heads and reeds.  My big project for this non-event
was to build a tild barrier.  In true SCA fashion, I finished pounding in
the last spike just as folks started to arrive!  The tilt barrier is 132
feet long, and when finally completed will be 144 feet long, with about a 80
yard runout on each end.

We practiced doing passes with lances so the horses would get used to
staying close to the barrier, and seeing another horse come by the other
way.  It was good practice for riders and horses!

I didn't have time to get a quintain built, but that will be happening in
the next week or two.  Then we'll start working with that, heading towards
SCA foam jousting.

The new Tournaments Illuminted has a very good article on SCA foam jousting.
Check it out.  I bet many people will get excited about the prospects of
playing in this new area of SCA activities.

I was 100% satisfied with how this gathering of folks turned out.  At least
4 people got authorized as riders, which was a nice plus.

I want to thank Lady Danielle and Lady Erin for coming over from Arn Hold to
teach, show and tell, and transport equipment for us to check out.  A big
thanks to Lady Jehane for the great intro class.  And finally, thanks to
Mst. Bengte, Sir Michael, Lady Hawke, and Lord Bowen for making the trip up
from Loch Salann and Gryphon's Lair.  Thanks to HE Juliana for coming down
from Sentinal's Keep.  And thanks to Lord James for coming and bringing his
non-SCA friend (who likes horses), from 1000 Eyes.

We're looking at doing another non-SCA horse clinic and practice in late
Sept.  It will be even more fun than this one.  Plan to attend and check out
equestrian stuff.  If you have any questions, please ask away.

YIS,  Alan