No subject

Wed Jun 25 10:40:14 CDT 2008

lots and lots of popes.  The ones who had the most impact on me were
Gregory VIII, who proposed the third crusade.  That cost me a son.

Lady Una

-----Original Message-----
From: artemisia-bounces at lists.gallowglass.org
[mailto:artemisia-bounces at lists.gallowglass.org] On Behalf Of Gene Smith
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:47 PM
To: Kingdom of Artemisia mailing list
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Who's Your "King"? -- Authenticity

My King was actually an Emperor........Friedrich the II. of the HRE.
But then he was also King of the Romans, Germany, Italy, Burgundy,
Sicily and for a short time King of Cyprus and Jerusulam.

Other notable accomplishments include being excommunicated twice, and
being called the Antichrist by Pope Gregory IX.

He spoke six languages and his handbook on Falconry is still widely used
today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_II,_Holy_Roman_Emperor

Frideger Leopo Sturmreiter (born 1211 in the Thueringer Wald)