No subject

Wed Jun 25 10:40:14 CDT 2008

participated in the Kingdom Archery and Thrown Weapons Championships that
were held yesterday in the Barony of 1000 Eyes.  The site was incredible and
the weather could not have been better even with a slight chill in the air.
Duke Alan predicted the night before that we would have good weather despite
a dismal outlook and he came through with that prediction. We had great
participation in both the Target Archery and Thrown Weapons Championships
along with a 'Pumpkin Chunkin' Trebuchet built and crewed by Marcello.

We are all looking forward to next year when we will be hosting Target
Archery, Thrown Weapons and Siege Weapons Championships. We will also be
looking at including Combat and Youth Archery Championships at the same
time. There will be more to follow on that in the coming months.

In the Target Archery completion we had seventeen archers compete in what I
think was a very tough tournament. I am pleased to announce that Lord Bjorn
Hrafnsen Onstad has earned the title of the 10th Kingdom of Artemisia
Archery Champion. He was followed by THL Brokha Vais and Seamus McKirk in
2nd and 3rd places respectively.

In the first ever Kingdom of Artemisia Thrown Weapons completion, there were
numerous participants. Once again in that tournament, Lord Bjorn Hrafnsen
Onstad was seated as the 1st Kingdom of Artemisia Thrown Weapons Champion.
He was followed closely by Baron Math the Fish and Jean-Richard deHolloway
in 2nd and 3rd places respectively.

Vivat to all of the contenders and especially to Lord Bjorn who did indeed
have a truly fine day!

Yours in Service to the Dream,

Arthen

Arthen ap Rhun

Kingdom of Artemisia - Archer General

Barony of Gryphon's Lair - Archery Captain

Kingdom of Artemisia - 9th Kingdom Archery Champion