[Artemisia] A Question for the Vikings

Tamar Black Sea tamar at coteduciel.org
Tue Mar 11 00:02:49 CDT 2008

Hi Aurora,

I am sorry that I can't tell you anything about rosehip soup in
period....I can tell you that I grew up eating rosehip soup when I was a
child. My family is Swedish and cold fruit soups were a beloved part of
summertime. Rosehip soup was served a little later in fall when the
rosehips had sweetened.

I have used a dried form bought in packets (kind of like dried onion
soup)...but I have never been able to find it in the US...not even at Ikea.

Good luck with your search; it is totally worth it. Rosehip soup is like
a little taste of heaven.

YIS,
Tamar