[Artemisia] Announcement not legal

Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil archergodwin at cableone.net
Tue May 27 11:57:25 CDT 2008

>Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 18:00:36 GMT
>From: "ttherrien at netzero.net" ttherrien at netzero.net>
>Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Announcement not legal
>To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org
>
>This is a note to those who seem to be obsessed with what the "mundane" world
might think of us, or may infer from our names, titles, jargon, etc.
>Get a clue, my friends! They already think we are insane and misunderstand much
of what we do. Heck, for me half the fun is confusing them further. Many I know
have been attracted to that very insanity. It is a step away from the "normal"
world and into  a wonderful realm. Why to you think we call it a "game" and ask
others to "play" with us?
>As to your fears about "ministers" having religious implications, or "boffers"
being perversly sexual. I worry about people within our ranks whose minds go
there to begin with. As well, you apparently think the world too stupid to make
distinctions between religion and an office. What should England do with the
Prime Minister? Make him/her "Head Toady" or some such? Spend less time worrying
and more time enjoying! Those who know us will understand. Those who don't will
draw their conclusions no matter what we do.
>Anti-mundanely, ever insanely,
>Caoilte McBain

Then you are cordially invited to address "The Board" and the SCA Legal
department with your comments, and not the rest of us whom agree with you.

There is a reason for what the person is doing, and it's not personal, but
happening from the top down, SCA wide.

To borrow your phrase: "get a clue". We are no longer a small group that can play
away in anonymity.

Godwin