[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 56, Issue 30

IssacHutzel at aol.com IssacHutzel at aol.com
Tue May 27 22:45:23 CDT 2008

Not interested.

  In the tourneys, or the personal arguments.

  Issac

In a message dated 5/27/2008 10:00:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

Message:  1
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:16:58 -0600
From: "Mike Bradley"  <connor.mac.michil at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] [Blackwing]  Possible additional rapier
activities    at  Uprising
To: Blackwing at yahoogroups.com
Cc: Kingdom of Artemisia mailing  list
<artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>,     AMY HALL <webfoot at q.com>

John,

In an attempt to be civil I  walked away from the computer for an hour
before responding to  this.

First, I haven't proposed anything yet. I was trying to get a  feel for
interest before I proposed anything.

Second, what right do  I have? I've been a member of the SCA for 15
years; I'm a rapier fighter, a  marshal, and a member of the Orders of
the Talon d'Or, Golden Scarf, and  White Scarf; I like seeing people go
home from events, especially Uprising,  with the sense that they got
all the fighting and fun that they could want  and then some. So, I
would say that I have the same right *as anyone else*  that wants to
supply ideas or sponsor some sort of event at Uprising,  whether it be
a tournament, a cooking competition, a bardic or any anything  else.

Third, based on the 10 or so people who brought these things up  to me
directly at Quest, and all the additional people that joined in  the
conversations, including essentially all the White Scarves  in
attendance, that there would be a fairly high level of interest in  one
or both activities among the rapier population in  general.

Conchobhar

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 6:17 AM, John D  Gibson <scjdgibson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious, what gives  you the right to even propose  this?

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.