[Artemisia] Uprising scheduling

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 12:57:23 CDT 2008

Greetings Excellency,

I'd say respectfully, that the same situation applies to having a tournament starting at 10:00 am.  You don't know how long its going to run.  In point of fact, there isn't much control over how long it is going to run unless you put a time deadline on it (a thought there, to be explored later).

Court is the one of the things that Royalty actually DOES have control over.  It stops when the royalty says it stops.  Therefore, if we scheduled court to start at ten in the morning and end at one in the afternoon, then that could certainly be done.  Any business left over can be held until ten in the morning the next day.  Court CAN be scheduled.  Like classes.  In point of fact, it SHOULD be scheduled, like classes.

If you put classes at two until six or seven you could have cooking classes to coordinate with dinnertimes.  If you thought you wanted a class that might run long, you could do it an not butt up against court.

If you started fighting battles or fencing at two or three then you'd have the same situation you describe except that anyone who wanted to needed to go home wouldn't have missed court.  I realize its a philosophical difference, but honestly, I've never seen it done that way so I don't know that anyone knows how it would work.

Again, respectfully,

Cvz