[Artemisia] FW: [STEPS] School of the Renaissance Soldier

Frank Haymes frankghaymes at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 15:51:10 CDT 2008

Here is something that was on the An Tir mailing list (steps).

Some of you might be interested in it.

Frank G. Haymes> Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:08:10 -0700> From: lorkpoin at gmail.com> To: steps at antir.sca.org> Subject: [STEPS] School of the Renaissance Soldier> > Friends,> > For those interested in late 16th-century military activities, I> should mention that the School of the Renaissance Soldier is hosting a> weekend of pike, shot, and cavalry training on Oct 3rd through 5th in> Belfair, Washington. Let me emphasize that this is a non-SCA event.> > For context, I uploaded a couple pics from the SRS's California event,> Actions of the Low Countries, to Flickr:>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27182202@N02/> > Below is the event announcement. Please feel free to pass this on to> interested friends as well as to email me with questions.> > -William Elder> > > > Greetings:> > It is a great pleasure to announce that we're in the process of putting> together plans for holding our 'School of the Renaissance Soldier: North> Country Muster' on the first weekend of October of this year. The outline> of the event will be similar to the SRS:ALC held in Sacramento in the> Spring, though there obviously will be minor differences. For information> on the SRS:ALC please check out our website here:
> http://renaissancesoldier.com/
(There is also an announcement of this event on that website as well.)> > As with our other SRS events, we shall have courses of study for Foote (in> both Pike and Shotte), Horse, and the Camp. The site shall be that of the> new Washington Renaissance Faire in Belfair, Washington, just a few miles to> the south-east of Bremerton. We should have plenty of room for campaigning> in!> > This is a full-immersion event, and the highest standards of clothing, arms> and camp equipage are strongly encouraged. Our focus dates are in the> mid-1580's, though of course fashions in clothing etc. from the decades> surrounding those dates are completely acceptable.> --------------------=| 'Steps at antir.sca.org' |=--------------------> The Cathedral Steps - Kingdom of An Tir email list> To unsubscribe or change options, see: > http://missives.antir.sca.org/mailman/listinfo/steps> --=--> Please behave yourself: http://www.antir.sca.org/Lists/guide.html