[Artemisia] Who's Your "King"? -- Authenticity

Kim Rule kimrule at cableone.net
Sun Nov 2 16:23:24 CST 2008

In 1150, I was ruled by Harald Maddadsson, Earl of Orkney and
Shetland...or Hjaltland, as I knew it.  Kin Sverre Sigurdsson was the
king of Norway.  Unfortunately, the earl decided to try to overthrow the
king.  He lost, and the young pretender to the thrown, Sigurd Magnusson,
was killed, and his body displayed.  Later in my life, 1195, the earldom
was placed directly under the king, and stayed that way, until the 13th
century, when Scotland took over my home.  But, I was dead by then!