[Artemisia] Kingdom Collegium Fighting Classes

Sean Oppenheimer sean_oppenheimer at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 08:27:53 CST 2008

Kingdom Collegium is coming up this weekend.  One notable addition to the class schedule is the scheduling of several classes related to the fighting arts.

We have many fine trainers of both heavy weapons and duelist combat from right here in our own Kingdom.  Currently scheduled to teach are: Count Ralph Bigod, Vsc. Sagan von Osten See, Don Issac Huetzle, Don Aaron Carter, and Lord Justin Bidel among many others.

As you may have heard the event staff has arranged for two guest instructors to teach at our Kingdom’s Collegium.  We are very honored to have Duke Paul of Bellatrix teaching this year.  His Grace will be teaching two sessions of the same class.  This will be a combination of classes that he teaches covering Basic Technique, Perception, Movement and Slow Work.

The class limit on each of these session if 15 students.  Students should bring a sword and shield if possible or a similar equivalent.  These are unarmored fighting classes and you need not be an authorized fighter to take part in these classes.

On Sunday, November 9, His Grace will be doing another training session in the Salt Lake area.  This session will be less formally structured and will focus more on individual critique.  There has been some interest in having His Grace cover some technique for fighting with two swords.

The training session on Sunday is open to all who wish to attend.  Please plan to fight on this day.  Unfortunately, there is no indoor fighting area.  So, the plans for Sunday will be weather dependent.  The training will be at Riverside Park in Salt Lake City.  There is a covered picnic area that we may be able to use for fighting.  But, I’m really hoping that the weather holds out.

I’m planning to get started with Sunday’s training session at 11:00 am.  I will be posting a message to the Aerie and the Artemisia Militaris before 10:00 am indicating whether the weather is sufficiently decent.  If you would like me to send a text or email directly,  letting you know the status of this training, please contact me at:

            sean_oppenheimer at hotmail.com

That address for Riverside Park is:
            711 N 1400 W
            Salt Lake City, UT 84116