[Artemisia] Announcing The Gauntlet at A Call to Arms Event

Nikky Scofield claredelacy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 10:20:45 CDT 2008

Armored and Rapier Combatants of the Kingdom!

The horns sound for all to join Her Majesty, Their Excellencies, and the populace of Artemisia at the Call to Arms Event on Oct 17-19th in Arn Hold. At this event there will be a GAUNTLET to challenge and determine the quick and the DEAD. Organized by Lord Devious, I mean Lord Fernando del Santiago, fighters will face combat archers, spearman and mass weapons at different points as they traverse this course and compete for survival, a prize and ultimate bragging rites. Combat Archers should bring their gear and prepare to get some live target practice. Rapierists are also getting in on the fun and holding their own version immediately following the armored fighters, so there will be entertainment for all. This promises to be a competition to remember and we look forward to seeing the very best fighters in attendance.

For more information, contact Lord Fernando (marshall at baronyarnhold.org) or the Event Steward Lady Clare de Lacy (claredelacy at yahoo.com) and see the website at http://www.baronyarnhold.org/vetch.htm