[Artemisia] Toys for Tots Feast and Dessert Information, and More

KyneWynn kynewynn at sfcn.org
Tue Oct 28 17:48:59 CDT 2008

Greetings Artemisia,

The Toys for Tots feast, prepared by Lord Jacque and Lady Ash will be featuring cuisine from around the world including dishes from England, Greece, Poland, and even several dishes from that mythical land, called by those wizardly types who see the future, America. It is said that citizens of this America have a holiday of thanksgiving that revolves around poultry and pumpkins (what strange ideas foreigners have). Because this happens during the same month as our celebration, we are going to try some of their mysterious foods. (There will be a Royal Food Taster of course, to make sure no one is poisoned by the fare.) Additionally, if you like desserts, make sure you are planning on having feast, which will be featuring "The Twelve Days of Desserts" Please make your feast reservations before midnight, November 5th so you don't miss out on this wonderful gastronomical adventure. (We are quickly reaching our cut-off number.) Email reservation requests to: rapier at arrows-flight.org

Toys for Tots Feast Menu*

(With desserts after each remove)

Remove I

Greek lemon chicken soup and Cheese Bites

Remove II

Poultry and Dressing (From that Mythical Land called America)

Remove III

Cloved Ham and Pearl Barley Pottage, Baby Carrots

Remove IV

Beef Brisket & Pasta, Green Beans

Twelve Days of Desserts

Dessert 1, 2, 3 Apple, Berry, and Cherry Tarts

Dessert 4 Pumpkin Roll

Dessert 5 Custard

Dessert 6, 7, 8, A variety of cookies

Dessert 9 - Almond Pound Cake with Raspberry Sauce

Dessert 10 -Norwegian/Dutch Pepernoten

Dessert 11- Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake

Dessert 12 Fizzy Grapes :)

*Menu subject to change according to market costs and availability of supplies. Contact Feast Stewards for Up-to-date information or dietary concerns. See the Event Announcement for contact Information: http://www.arrows-flight.org/toysfortots.htm

PS: Young gentles of Artemisia, please don't forget to bring your gear for the Youth Combat Championship, because NO LOANER GEAR WILL BE AVAILABLE, also bring a FAVOR for your favorite fighter (hard suit or rapier) to wear, and FYI, we will have an artist on site to do caricature drawings of the children in attendance, free of charge. (Anyone who pays the adult site fee can purchase a caricature if they like.) We're excited for you all to join us in a great day of thanksgiving and celebration of our Youth, the Future of Artemisia.

YIS,

Dona KyneWynn

Event Steward, Toys for Tots

rapier at arrows-flight.org