[Artemisia] Baronial Archery Championship, October 4th.

Ian Jaqua ianj_1828 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 21:29:58 CDT 2008

Greetings unto the great populace of Artemisia,

With our fall even fast approaching it is time we hold a competition to find our newest Target Archery Champion.  This tournament will be held on Saturday, October 4th at 12:00 noon at the Archery Center of Montana in Missoula, MT.  This tournament will not be held during an official event so there will be no site fee, however we will need to rent the range so there may be a small entry fee, depending on the number of entrants.  this tournament will be open to all paid members of the SCA currently residing in the Kingdom of Artemisia.  The position requires several duties of the champion:

1)  attend the Harvest court event in BSK on Oct 25 to accept your trophy and stand court,
2)  represent the BSK in the champions tournament at uprising held every three (3) years,
3) must design and run the tournament for the next champion at our Hells Gate event in July next year.

If you can fulfill these obligations then please come and shot for our championship.  The tournament is being designed and ran by our current Archery Marshal, Lord Miles Stockton.  in addition, there will be several optional "for fun" shoots before and after the championship shoot.  in order to properly reserve the site for this tournament, Lord Miles will need entrant information from all those interested in shooting no later than September 20th at the latest, if he does not have your information by 11:59 pm on the 20th you will not be allowed to shoot in the championship.  If you need crash space or loaner gear, please contact Lord Miles off-list.  All equipment must pass SCA and Artemisia equipment standards.

thank you for your time, and please cross-post and spread the word,

Lord Miles Stockton,
Target Archery Marshal, BSK