[Artemisia] Crown Wrap-up and Thanks!

Allen Hall dukealan at q.com
Sun Apr 5 23:54:11 CDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to give you a bit of a wrap-up on Crown Tourney.  The head count was 180!  Great attendance.  The fundraiser lunch brought ~$250 for the Kingdom.  Thanks to all who partook of this tasty repast and helped the Kingdom out in the bargain.

Everyone maintained good humor all day: through the morning cold, the inside fighting, and moving the fighting outside.  Evening court was entertaining, relatively short, and had some nice highlights.

The primary highlight, and final court business was having HL Hauk called forward by TRM, then the Chivalry asked to come forward.  HL Hauk was told to prepare a vigil on Wed. night of Uprising, to prepare himself to answer a very important question from TRM on Thursday morning at Uprising.  As one can guess, this piece of business caused much cheering, applause and merriement!

As a fighter, I would like to thank all the fighters that I got the honor of crossing blades with during the tourney.  It was a joy!

As a marshal, I'd like to thank the fighters for some very good, clean, FUN fighting.

As the event steward, I'd like to thank the many, many people who helped with the site set-up, and the even greater number of people who helped with site tear-down and clean-up.  We left the site better than we found it.

As an Artemisian, thanks to everyone who showed up and made that day one that we can all be proud of!  Last, but hardly least, good luck to TRH Sean and Nissa (apologies for spelling errors).  The future of our Kingdom is in safe hands!

YIS,  Alan