[Artemisia] Arn Hold's Day of Champions Event

Nikky Scofield claredelacy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 13:46:09 CDT 2009

The Populace of Arn Hold sends out Greetings and Salutations to the Fair People of the Kingdom of Artemisia, and invites all to our Day of Champions Event! Below is our event announcement along with updated information. We hope you can join us in a great weekend of Revelry and Competition!

Day of Champions

The time has come for a changing of the guard and for competitors to meet and exhibit their prowess for Their Excellencies pleasure. Bring your Bows, your Steeds and your Sharpened Steel and battle for the right to be named Champion and defend the borders of Arn Hold. On the weekend of May 15-17th, we will be holding the Day of Champions Event at the Gem County Fairgrounds in Emmett, ID. Competitions include the Baronial Archery, Equestrian and Rapier Championships.

Schedule of Events
Friday-
-Site opens at 3pm
-Archery range will be open at 6:30pm for practice and IKAC
-Bardic after dark

Saturday
-Duels at Dawn TBA
-9am Baronial Archery Championship begins
-1pm Baronial Equestrian Championship begins
-Arts and Sciences Displays & Classes will be in the pavilion throughout the day. A class list will be announced soon.
-Hounds Coursing will be held after the Equestrian Championship
-There will be a Heavy Fighters Torchlight Tourney after dusk
-Court will be held that evening at Their Excellencies discretion

Sunday
-9am Baronial Rapier Championship and Baronial Brunch
-Site closes at 2pm

Site Info:
This is a camping event. The site fee is $10 per person for the weekend. Children over 5 are $5 and younger are free. This site is wet. Water and shower facilities are available. There is no shade so be sure to bring your own. Pets are welcome on leash and encouraged to run the Hounds Coursing Saturday afternoon. Equestrians please contact the Equestrian Marshal In Charge (HL Erin) for horse requirements and stall options.

Rapier Fund Raiser:
The Rapierists of the Barony of Arn Hold will be holding a Fundraiser. More information will be announced soon.

Competition Requirements:
Archery- All Archers of the Kingdom of Artemisia are welcomed and encouraged to make their way to The Line and compete in the Arn Hold Baronial Archery Championship. The winning member from Arn Hold will be named the Champion for the year, and should a visitor place first, a prize will be awarded them and the runner up Baronial competitor will represent Their Excellencies of the Moose Lands. The format will be announced the day of the competition, so practice hard and we will see you on the range.

Equestrian- A call is sounded and a challenge offered for the Arn Hold Baronial Equestrian Championship. "What be the requirements?" you ask. First...a fast horse. Second...bravery in the face of challenge. Third...a willingness to risk life and limb to win the glory. Brave Lords and Gentle Ladies are invited to participate. Practices will be held prior to this event and a partial list of challenges and obstacles will be published at a future date (as soon as I determine exactly what dastardly course I will be offering.) Expect a surprise...or it wouldn't be a challenge, would it?

Rapier- An exciting Rapier Tournament to determine the next Duelist Champion of Arn Hold

Event Address and Directions
Gem County Fairgrounds, Corner of S. Johns Ave and Hwy 16, Emmett, Idaho, 83617. Take your best route to Boise. If coming on Interstate 84, take the Eagle Rd Exit (46) and continue until you reach the town of Eagle. Take a left onto Hwy 44/W State St and continue until you see the intersection of Hwy 44 and Hwy 16. Take a right onto Hwy 16 and continue into Emmett. You will see the Fairgrounds on the left. Turn left at the light on S. Johns Ave.

Stay tuned for more information coming soon and we look forward to seeing everyone at the event!

Event Steward- HL Erin MacLure, 850-0781, danza31 at hotmail.com
Co-Steward- Lady Clare de Lacy, 871-0347, claredelacy at yahoo.com
Brunch Steward- HL Celestine of Arn Hold, 890-2964