[Artemisia] Court Reporting was The OP Updating was The Gryphon's Pride

Allen Hall dukealan at q.com
Wed Apr 8 17:53:31 CDT 2009

Morgan,

Your reply sounds reasonable, however personal experience and observation for a very long period of time, in multiple Kingdoms, has proven that what you propose isn't the case in the "real world" of SCA.

The Crown frequently has to use "who is available" for Their Herald.  So finding that "good Vox" is far, far more difficult than it may seem.

I stand on my statement:  The Crown is responsible to make sure this paperwork is sent where it needs to go AND to maintain a record of it.  I can tell you for SURE that we have had to pull out those old Court Reporting Forms to take care of problems and pull someone's bacon out of the fire.  If it was important enough to give that person an award, it's important enough to make sure that the records show the bestowal of that award.

Trying to recall who the herald was for that event is extremely tricky to say the very least.

Alan