[Artemisia] Court Reporting was The OP Updating was The Gryphon's Pride

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 05:40:15 CDT 2009

----- Original Message ----
From: Allen Hall <dukealan at q.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 4:53:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Court Reporting was The OP Updating was The Gryphon's Pride

Morgan,

Your reply sounds reasonable, however personal experience and observation for a very long period of time, in multiple Kingdoms, has proven that what you propose isn't the case in the "real world" of SCA.

The Crown frequently has to use "who is available" for Their Herald.  So finding that "good Vox" is far, far more difficult than it may seem.

SNIP

Alan

I understand and appreciate your points, Your Grace, but this actually supports my point that, all too often, Vox is not considered and office- I firmly believe that, if one is asked to be Vox, whether it is for the Crown or a Barony, it is the DUTY of that person to either attend ALL of the events that their Crown/Coronet is attending, or to make sure that they have a "deputy" who will be there if they cannot.  And of course, that "deputy" shold be well-versed in Vox duties, including doing the Court Report forms.

Being asked to be someones' Vox Herald, to literally be their Voice, is a great honor, and should be seen and treated as such, rather than just shrugged off as "I'm loud, that's all they need."

Admittedly, in my long history of Voxing, I have not always been as thorough in doing all of those duties, including those times when I served Your Grace so, but I have learned, and hope to give others the benefit of my learning.

Of course, I hope all of the Crowns and Coronets, past, present, and future, know that they can call on me anytime to serve in that capacity, whether it be for the entire reign, that one event, or just one Court.  And I promise to do the Court Report for you. :-)

And for those who are considering being a Vox themselves, I *highly* recommend that you take Master Vilhelm's class on it at Collegium.

Morgan, former Vox Gryphus, often Vox Terrenus (temporary), currently Vox Brinus