[Artemisia] Court Reporting

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Thu Apr 9 11:51:35 CDT 2009

Greetings!

Well, as one who has been a Court Herald of record far too many times to
remember them all, as well as the person who was in charge of collating
all the records from when we were a Principality through the Kingdom
transition, I just have to jump in here.

Both His Grace Alan and Lady Sine are correct, from their own point of view.

The Court Herald has the responsibility of doing the paperwork - and
getting the Noble signature - and the Nobles holding the court have the
responsibility of double-checking on said paperwork.

I instituted a system of multiple court forms - every mid-level or
higher herald at any Court was to fill out a court form - while I was
Golden Wing, and also whenever I was Golden Crown Herald. The 'title' of
'Vox <anything.' is unregistered - and unregisterable, as it is BAD
Latin - but Golden Crown was registered to Artemisia in January of 2003.
That is supposed to be the office title for whoever is appointed as the
Voice of the Crown each reign.

Golden Crown Herald should be the person to whom the Royals should turn
to in order to ensure that there is a Voice available at all events They
attend during Their reign. He or she should keep some sort of master
list of courts held and awards given, along with heralds doing the voice
work if Golden Crown did not attend said event. Individual report forms
should go to Wormwood Pursuivant within ten days of a court, then at the
end of a reign, the out-going Golden Crown should be able to provide a
complete award/court list to Wormwood for a double-check. Copies of all
forms and lists should be given to the Royals, for a complete cycle.

That is the theory.

Baroness Shauna
Court Herald and OP Herald